lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Aviran Mordo" <amo...@infosciences.com>
Subject Construct Query Object from Parsed String
Date Wed, 09 Apr 2003 14:32:11 GMT
Hi all,
The situation is like this: I have a Query object. Then I use the
query.toString() method to get the string representation of the query.
My question is Given the above String representation of an already
parsed query, how can I create a new Query object without having to
parse the string using the standard analyzer.
The Original Query object was created using combination of TermQuery and
BooleanQuery so it consists of some Upper case terms, which the standard
analyzer then convert to lower case and thus the resulting query object
is incorrect.
I have done this writing my own Analyzer which uses the LetterTokenizer
only. Is there a way of doing it with something that Lucene already has
or is this the only way?

Thanks
Aviran