lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Avi Drissman <avi_driss...@baseview.com>
Subject Re: Putting the Lucene index into a database
Date Wed, 19 Mar 2003 19:21:09 GMT
At 10:54 AM -0800 3/19/03, you wrote:

>If your data will be changing frequently and indices all of them need
>to be in sync all the time then yes, probably, esp. if the changes are
>frequent but small.

Hmm...

I think I need to rephrase my first question. Suppose I have a big
index. I add a document. What seems to me to happen is that the files
are read into memory, manipulated, and then written back out to disk
as new files. What doesn't appear to be happening is modification of
the files in-place. Is that true?

If so, I think that negatively impacts my ability to store the
indexes in the database...

Avi
--
Avi 'rlwimi' Drissman