lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Rishabh Bajpai" <r_baj...@lycos.com>
Subject On sort Orders?????????????
Date Sat, 08 Mar 2003 11:31:27 GMT

are we sure of this?? i was under the impression that Lucene does "first-found-first-returned",
and as a result I ended up writing a sorting method on the results? so can i actually do away
with that?

secondly, is it an ascending order by relevence or descending order by relevence - as in the
term with the highest score comes at the top or at the bottom?

finally, my queryString looks like:
( title:rishabh^4 OR title:bajpai^4 ) OR ( description:rishabh^3 OR description:bajpai^3 )
OR ( authcontrib:rishabh^2 OR authcontrib:bajpai^2 ) OR ( keywords:rishabh^1 OR keywords:bajpai^1
)

so, will the appropriate score be returned and terms sorted according to that?

-rb