lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Rishabh Bajpai" <r_baj...@lycos.com>
Subject Range of Score Values?
Date Fri, 14 Mar 2003 04:44:31 GMT

Hi,

I am getting a long value between 1(included) and 0(excluded-I think), and it makes sense
to me logically as well - I wouldnt know what a value of greater than 1 would mean, and why
should a term that has a score of 0 be returned in the first place! But just to be sure, I
wanted to check the range of values one can get for the Score?

Also from a user experience perspective, how would one represent this score on the page rendered.
The value itself makes little sense to the enduser - so if I try to convert it to a precentage
(of what?), or star, etc... which is a better option?! any suggestions, pointers...

-rb