lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From tom.szyman...@exgate.tek.com
Subject RE: Indexing and searching database data
Date Tue, 11 Mar 2003 15:43:47 GMT
A few people expressed interest, so I'd be glad to make it available to
anyone who wants it.
However, I'd rather not separately email the thing to each person.

What it the best way to distribute it from a central location, so anyone can
easily get it, and I can maintain it ?
(Lucene contributions page maybe
http://jakarta.apache.org/lucene/docs/contributions.html)

-----Original Message-----
From: Szymanski, Tom
Sent: Monday, March 10, 2003 07:39
To: lucene-user@jakarta.apache.org
Cc: 'tomszym@yahoo.com'; Szymanski, Tom
Subject: Indexing and searching database data

Hello,

Would anyone be interested in ability to use Lucene search on the data from
a database?
I've written a small framework that allows to create Lucene index files out
of the database data,
and then helps with the retrieval of that data (if needed) while searching.
This way you can merge into one central index data from files, web pages and
database etc.

Greetings.

Tom S