lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Maik Schreiber <>
Subject Changing Field type
Date Thu, 27 Mar 2003 17:18:56 GMT

In an index I have documents with a field that has been constructed using Field.UnIndexed().
Now I want to switch to Field.Keyword() so I can search for those fields,

Does it cause any harm if I'm mixing field types like that?

If yes, what would be the best way to do the switch? Is removing the affected documents enough,
or do I have to recreate the entire index from scratch? (This takes
quite a while, so I'd rather avoid that if possible.)

Maik Schreiber   *

GPG public key:
Key fingerprint: CF19 AFCE 6E3D 5443 9599 18B5 5640 1F11 D713

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message