lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Samuel Alfonso "Velázquez" "Díaz" <>
Subject Re: I have encountered some problems in template Web Application,thanks in advance
Date Tue, 11 Mar 2003 22:36:42 GMT

So you have a problem when building the index? or is it in the web application? or perhaps
you see it in the web application but don't know where it is?
Well, I'm a newbe here but I have set up the sample web application and I found very usefull
to download the source code of lucene and to take a look at:
java org.apache.lucene.demo.IndexHTML
Class and to see what is the right ordering of the parameter....
You may run the following command:
java org.apache.lucene.demo.IndexHTML -create -index index C:\theIndexDirectory C:\filesToIndex\htdocs\

I have posted several messages in this moth in the mailing list regarding to index process.
You may follow my mail threads at:
And search for all that messages that the sender is "Velázquez" like:
Re: Regarding Setup Lucine for my site, Velázquez
 Tian LUO <> wrote:
Dear lucene-user group:

in the lucene site,there are:

Now you're ready to roll. In your browser set the url to "http://localhost:8080/luceneweb"
enter "test" and the number of items per page and press search.

You should now be looking either at a number of results (provided you didn't erase the Tomcat
examples) or nothing. Try other search terms. Depending on the number of items per page you
set and results returned, there may be a link at the bottom that says "more results>>",
clicking it goes to subsequent pages. If you get an error regarding opening the index, then
you probably set the path in "configuration" incorrectly or Tomcat doesn't have permissions
to the index (or you skipped the step of creating it).

when I start Tomcat ,the

Welcome to the Lucene Template application. (This is the header)

[input] Search Criteria

[input] Results Per Page [input]

Jakarta Lucene Template WebApp 1.0 will be seen properly,but when I query something ,it will
show something wrong
because when I run
java org.apache.lucene.demo.IndexHTML -create -index ..
there are something wrong,nothing will be done,
I have set the classpath etc...,so please help me out Thanks a lot

Samuel Alfonso Velázquez Díaz

Do you Yahoo!?