lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Samuel Alfonso "Velázquez" "Díaz" <samue...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Regarding Setup Lucine for my site
Date Wed, 05 Mar 2003 01:16:24 GMT

Yes I have
1.- The directory with the files to index:
C:/filesToIndex/www/

2.- A path where the index files from the search engine will be created, lets say
C:/index/
3.- I have an internet domain whose name is: www.mysite.com
4.- A web application context that runs at http://www.mysite.com/search

Once I have set all the above things I want to be able to use the search aplication:
http://www.mysite.com/search/search.jsp
And I dont want that the results that I get from the index (step 2) give me results like
Your file is at
C:/filesToIndex/www/some_html/my_doc.html
The results should be:
Your file is at
http://www.mysite.com/some_html/my_doc.html
For the comments I have read (THANK YOU VERY MUTCH) I conclude that there is no way to generate
the index with some custom prefix (as http://www.mysite.com/ for the documents at C:/filesToIndex/www/).
It seems that I have to modify my web application (http://www.mysite.com/search/search.jsp)
to include some logic to repalce "C:/filesToIndex/www/" to "http://www.mysite.com/".
If you could point me to the source code of lucene to include this logic and this way fix
it once and for all, will appreciate a lot.
The command I used to generate this index was:
java org.apache.lucene.demo.IndexHTML -create -index index C:\index C:\filesToIndex\ www\
Now in the web application I have to modify
      IndexSearcher searcher;
      Query query;
      Hits hits;

      // some code after...
     hits = searcher.search(query);

      for ( /* search through the hit list*/)

          Document doc = hits.doc(i);
          String doctitle = doc.get("title");
          String url = doc.get("url");

I have to do some thing like url = "http://www.mysite.com/" + url.substring("C:/filesToIndex/www/".length);

Regards!!!
And thanks again
 Pinky Iyer <pinkyiyer@yahoo.com> wrote:
I dont understand the explanantion. When I try and index the documents as mentioned in the
examples, and then when i run the app and do a sample search, it does point to the directory
structure say "c:/filesToIndex/www/" instead of "http://localhost:8080/www/". So how can this
be changed to reflect the website domain as mentioned by you. Could you explain again. Say
my docs are under a directory c:/filesToIndex/www/ and the wesite is as you said http://localhost:8080/
, then how to proceed!
Thanks in advance!
Samuel Alfonso Velázquez Díaz wrote:
Oh ok, I thougth it was going to be some thing like the egothor search engine (A java based
search engine). When you create the Index, you issue a command like:
java org.egothor.indexer.mirror.DoTanker /tmp/my_www Project/Egothor/var/www as http://localhost:8080
/thmp/my_www: Is the path to the directory where the index is to be created
Project/Egothor/var/www: is the path to the local file system files to be indexed.
and as http://localhost:8080 is the prefix that the index will keep on the hit list. This
way the index will be relative to http://localhost:8080. Even if your production site may
be an other site.
Thanks for your comments, any way now I know that I have to modify code to do this.
Regards!
Jeff Linwood wrote:Hi,

I'm not a hundred percent sure I understand what you are asking, but when
you get the results back from Lucene (the hits) it's up to you to format
them to display on a web page - you can always do the modification there
when you display the links to the results.

Jeff