lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Pinky Iyer <pinkyi...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Regarding Setup Lucine for my site
Date Tue, 04 Mar 2003 20:24:05 GMT

I dont understand the explanantion. When I try and index the documents as mentioned in the
examples, and then when i run the app and do a sample search, it does point to the directory
structure say "c:/filesToIndex/www/" instead of "http://localhost:8080/www/". So how can this
be changed to reflect the website domain as mentioned by you. Could you explain again. Say
my docs are under a directory c:/filesToIndex/www/ and the wesite is as you said http://localhost:8080/
, then how to proceed!
Thanks in advance!
 Samuel Alfonso Velázquez Díaz <samuelvd@yahoo.com> wrote:
Oh ok, I thougth it was going to be some thing like the egothor search engine (A java based
search engine). When you create the Index, you issue a command like:
java org.egothor.indexer.mirror.DoTanker /tmp/my_www Project/Egothor/var/www as http://localhost:8080
/thmp/my_www: Is the path to the directory where the index is to be created
Project/Egothor/var/www: is the path to the local file system files to be indexed.
and as http://localhost:8080 is the prefix that the index will keep on the hit list. This
way the index will be relative to http://localhost:8080. Even if your production site may
be an other site.
Thanks for your comments, any way now I know that I have to modify code to do this.
Regards!
Jeff Linwood wrote:Hi,

I'm not a hundred percent sure I understand what you are asking, but when
you get the results back from Lucene (the hits) it's up to you to format
them to display on a web page - you can always do the modification there
when you display the links to the results.

Jeff