lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Samuel Alfonso "Velázquez" "Díaz" <samue...@yahoo.com>
Subject Regarding Setup Lucine for my site
Date Tue, 04 Mar 2003 17:33:18 GMT

The documentation says:

Once you've gotten this far you're probably itching to go. Let's start by creating the index
you'll need for the web examples. Since you've already set your classpath in the previous
examples, all you need to do is type "java org.apache.lucene.demo.IndexHTML -create -index
{index-dir} ..". You'll need to do this from a (any) subdirectory of your {tomcat}/webapps
directory (make sure you didn't leave off the ".." or you'll get a null pointer exception).
{index-dir} should be a directory that Tomcat has permission to read and write, but is outside
of a web accessible context. By default the webapp is configured to look in /opt/lucene/index
for this index.

A copy of my site is in:

C:\CopiaSite20030228\

My web application runs on

http://mydomain.com/search/index.jsp

how can I make the lucene index map the URLs of the indexed files to:

http://mydomain.com/

Please help!

Samuel Alfonso Velázquez Díaz
http://www.geocities.com/samuelvd