lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Peter Courcoux <pe...@courcoux.biz>
Subject Puzzled about Hits
Date Tue, 18 Mar 2003 11:12:59 GMT
Hi all,

I have just created a simple index and search routine as a start with
Lucene. I have created a new index with 8 pages using the
StandardAnalyzer.

A given search returns 6 hits.

0. doc id = 1 : highest score 		: exact match 4 times in text.

1. doc id = 2 : next ranked score 	: exact match twice in text plus
					: some similar words

2. doc id = 2 : same as 1. 		: same as 1.

3. doc id = 2 : same as 1.		: same as 1.

4. doc id = 3 : next ranked score	: exact match twice plus similar
					: words

5. doc id = 3 : same as 4.		: same as 4.

Hits 2, 3 and 5 appear to be duplicates of other hits. Is this correct
or am I doing something wrong? I have looked for docs on this but have
not yet found any. If someone could point me in the right direction I
would be most grateful.

--
Peter Courcoux <peter@courcoux.biz>