lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Eric Anderson <Eric.Ander...@LanRx.com>
Subject Re: I have encountered some problems in template Web Application,thanks in advance
Date Tue, 11 Mar 2003 23:19:42 GMT
What platform are you running on?

The tomcat webapp will look in /opt/lucene/index by default, for the index to
use with the webapp. If you're running the system on linux/unix, create the
directory /opt/lucene/index and when you run your index (java
org.apache.lucene.demo.IndexHTML -create -index /opt/lucene/index ..) you
should see it claim to be adding files.

If you do, in fact, see this output, then check to make sure that you either
modify the configuration of the webapp to point to the appropriate index
location, or change the location of your index to match where the webapp will
look for it.

Eric Anderson
LanRx Network Solutions

Quoting Tian LUO <luotian_21cn@yahoo.co.uk>:

> Dear lucene-user group:
>
> in the lucene site,there are:
>
> "
> Now you're ready to roll. In your browser set the url to
> "http://localhost:8080/luceneweb" enter "test" and the number of items per
> page and press search.
>
> You should now be looking either at a number of results (provided you didn't
> erase the Tomcat examples) or nothing. Try other search terms. Depending on
> the number of items per page you set and results returned, there may be a
> link at the bottom that says "more results>>", clicking it goes to subsequent
> pages. If you get an error regarding opening the index, then you probably set
> the path in "configuration" incorrectly or Tomcat doesn't have permissions to
> the index (or you skipped the step of creating it).
>
> "
>
> when I start Tomcat ,the
>
> Welcome to the Lucene Template application. (This is the header)
>
>  [input]  Search Criteria
>
>  [input]  Results Per Page   [input]
>
> Jakarta Lucene Template WebApp 1.0   will be seen properly,but when I query
> something ,it will show something wrong
> because when I run
> java org.apache.lucene.demo.IndexHTML -create -index ..
> there are something wrong,nothing will be done,
> I have set the classpath etc...,so please help me out Thanks a lot

> With Yahoo! Mail you can get a bigger mailbox -- choose a size that fits your
> needs

LanRx Network Solutions, Inc.
Providing Enterprise Level Solutions...On A Small Business Budget