lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Eric Anderson <Eric.Ander...@LanRx.com>
Subject Re: Help! Lucene for my site
Date Sat, 08 Mar 2003 15:06:53 GMT
That was more directed toward if you had it running on unix, but you may still
need to make sure that it's available. Check your NTFS permissions, and see if
the user that you're running tomcat as has the ability to read your index files.

The other thing (and more likely to be your issue), is that by default, the
webapp looks in a location called /opt/lucene/index for the index. Because
you're on a windows platform, you're obviously not going to have the index in
that location. Look at the configuration files in lucene, and define your index
as the c:\lucene-index

Eric Anderson
LanRx Network Solutions

Quoting Elsa Hernandez <eohg_76@hotmail.com>:

> I read this in a tutorial so I did it:
> java -cp lucene-1.2.jar;lucene-demos-1.2.jar
> org.apache.lucene.demo.IndexHTML -create -index c:\lucene-index docs
>
> How can I be sure that it's readable by tomcat?
>
> Thank you!

LanRx Network Solutions, Inc.
Providing Enterprise Level Solutions...On A Small Business Budget