lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Jeff Linwood" <j...@greenninja.com>
Subject Re: Regarding Setup Lucine for my site
Date Tue, 04 Mar 2003 17:48:07 GMT
Hi,

I'm not a hundred percent sure I understand what you are asking, but when
you get the results back from Lucene (the hits) it's up to you to format
them to display on a web page - you can always do the modification there
when you display the links to the results.

Jeff
----- Original Message -----
From: "Samuel Alfonso Velázquez Díaz" <samuelvd@yahoo.com>
To: "Lucene Users List" <lucene-user@jakarta.apache.org>
Sent: Tuesday, March 04, 2003 11:33 AM
Subject: Regarding Setup Lucine for my site

> The documentation says:
>
> Once you've gotten this far you're probably itching to go. Let's start by
creating the index you'll need for the web examples. Since you've already
set your classpath in the previous examples, all you need to do is type
"java org.apache.lucene.demo.IndexHTML -create -index {index-dir} ..".
You'll need to do this from a (any) subdirectory of your {tomcat}/webapps
directory (make sure you didn't leave off the ".." or you'll get a null
pointer exception). {index-dir} should be a directory that Tomcat has
permission to read and write, but is outside of a web accessible context. By
default the webapp is configured to look in /opt/lucene/index for this