lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Che Dong" <ched...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: PLAN: WebLucene -- Lucene Web interface, use XML as a lightweight protocol.
Date Fri, 21 Feb 2003 06:20:46 GMT
Yes, I think compare to JavaBean and SOAP based API,   HTTP/URI/XML-based API is much simpler.

I'd like to here more opintions at this project starting.

Regards

Che, Dong
----- Original Message -----
From: "Michael Wechner" <michael.wechner@wyona.org>
To: "Lucene Users List" <lucene-user@jakarta.apache.org>
Cc: "Lucene Developers List" <lucene-dev@jakarta.apache.org>
Sent: Thursday, February 20, 2003 6:13 PM
Subject: Re: PLAN: WebLucene -- Lucene Web interface, use XML as a lightweight protocol.

> That's very interesting.
>
> I have tried something similar by integrating
> Lucene into Wyona, which is a CMS based on Cocoon,
> and I also separated Structure from Layout. You can try it out at
>
> HTML:
>
> http://195.226.6.70:8080/wyona-cms/oscom/search-oscom/lucene?publication-id=all&queryString=Cocoon+Wyona&fields=all&find=Search
>
> XML:
>
> http://195.226.6.70:8080/wyona-cms/oscom/search-oscom/lucene.xml?publication-id=all&queryString=Cocoon+Wyona&fields=all&find=Search
>
> I think XooMLe also did a pretty good job:
>
> http://www.dentedreality.com.au/xoomle/search/
>
> Maybe we find a way how to join efforts
>
> Thanks
>
> Michael
>

> Che Dong wrote:
> > http://sourceforge.net/projects/weblucene/
> >
> > WebLucene: Lucene Web interface, use XML as a lightweight protocol.
> >
> > Developer convert data source (text, DB, MS Word, PDF... etc) into standard xml
format indexing with lucene engine, and get full text search result via HTTP, with XML format
output, user can easily intergrated with JSP ASP PHP front end or use XSLT at server side
transform output.

> > Developer can intergrate lucene full text search engine with old MSSQL + ASP MySQL
+ PHP Oracle + JSP based web applications.

> >     MySQL  \                                                  / JSP
> >     Oracle - DB      -  ==>   XML ==> (Lucene Index) ==> XML  -  ASP

> >     MSSQL  /                                                  -  PHP

> >              MS Word /                                        \         / XHTML
> >                  PDF /                                         =XSLT=> -  text
> >                                                                         \ XML

> > i18n issue: for Java is Unicode based, user can indexing data source(XML) in different
charset into one lucene index(in unicode) and output result according to client browser support
languages.