lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From David Spencer <David.Spen...@micromuse.com>
Subject Re: MAX Index Size POLL
Date Thu, 27 Feb 2003 23:57:10 GMT
Samir Satam wrote:

>Thanks for ur reply.
>
>Maybe i asked the wrong question.
>
>Lets Say
>
>Just,
>
>Number of documents indexed. (No. of Document objects in the index)
>AND
>The index size one has had yet. Regardless of the no of document objects. (To determine
one the max index size one is working with.)

We use Lucene (v1.2) extensively internally.
Largest single database looks like 11,552 docs with the db size (the sum
of the
sizes of the files that make up the index) is 842MB.

All indexes are also merged into one "mega" index which contains 249,184
docs
and is 1.2GB - I think think this is done because the JSP search pages were
not coded to use MultiSearcher.

Overall there are 24 indexes with 536,415 docs indexed into a total of
2GB of index space - though this count includes the mega index so you
could 1/2 the numbers which I guess agree with the previous paragraph...