lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Doug Cutting <cutt...@lucene.com>
Subject Re: multi-station netspread indexing
Date Wed, 12 Feb 2003 17:40:16 GMT
The RemoteSearchable class (in the latest CVS) will let you do this.  It
uses Java RMI to let you search indexes on other machines.  With a
MultiSearcher you can then search a number of independently maintained
indexes on different machines.  MultiSearcher searches indexes serially,
but it would be fairly simple to extend it to be able to search in
parallel, with each search in a separate thread.  That should, in
theory, scale fairly well, but I don't know if anyone has tried this.
If you do, please send a message to describing your experience.

Doug