lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Tatu Saloranta <t...@hypermall.net>
Subject Re: IndexWriter addDocument NullPointerException
Date Fri, 21 Feb 2003 14:39:07 GMT
On Friday 21 February 2003 05:33, G√ľnter Kukies wrote:
> Hello,
>
> writer.addDocument(doc) is throwing an NullPointerException. The stacktrace
> from the catched Exception is only one line "NullPointerException" without
> anything else. I open the IndexWriter with create true. Run over the files
> in a Directory and add all found documents. After that i close the
> indexwriter. 80% of the documents were added without problems. The rest
> gets that NullPointerException.
>
> Any Ideas?

Perhaps look at the line where the null pointer exception is thrown and see
what happens? NullPointerException is thrown when a null reference is being
de-referenced. Seeing the immediate cause should be easy, given line number.

Perhaps you have added a field with null value? (just a guess, I don't know if
that's even illegal).

-+ Tatu +-