lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From petite_abeille <petite_abei...@mac.com>
Subject Re: Indexing Tips and Hints
Date Tue, 25 Feb 2003 10:08:06 GMT

On Tuesday, Feb 25, 2003, at 09:43 Europe/Zurich, Andrzej Bialecki
wrote:

> No, I'm not - this is clearly stated in the class javadoc. I meant to
> try it out in my application, but haven't got to it yet - I need to
> address first the base functionality, not performance; so, I don't
> have the modified FSDirectory yet... The class is taken from
> Multivalent browser, and is subject to BSD-equivalent license - which
> means you can use it for whatever purpose, and if it turns out to be
> useful, it can be included in Lucene distribution.

"Ask and ye shall get a random piece of somebody else mind"... and it
just so happen that recently I did some (not so rigorous) testing using
Multivalent's phelps.io.BufferedRandomAccessFile... and I'm happy to
report that... I doesn't seems to make a shred of difference in my
case... but as always YMMV.

Cheers,

PA.