lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Hui Ouyang" <...@triplehop.com>
Subject RE: Range queries
Date Wed, 22 Jan 2003 17:27:35 GMT
Does this have better performance than using DateFilter?
Regards,
Hui

	-----Original Message-----
	From: Michael Barry [mailto:mbarry@cos.com]
	Sent: Wed 1/22/2003 10:27 AM
	To: Lucene Users List
	Subject: Re: Range queries

	I utilize the earlier version and queries such as this work fine with
	QueryParser:

	field:[ 20030120 - 20030125 ]

	of course the back-end indexer canonocalizes all date fields to YYYYMMDD.
	The front-end search code is responsible for canonocalizing the user inputed
	dates to YYYYMMDD. I think the key here would be either to not allow
	users to
	enter free-form dates (provide some type of UI element to enter year, month,
	day seperately) or give some copy stating dates should be in YYYYMMDD
	format.

	-Mike.