lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Ashley Collins" <acoll...@hotmail.com>
Subject When do documents become searchable?
Date Tue, 10 Dec 2002 10:10:30 GMT

I'm keeping an IndexWriter open so new documents can be indexed as they
arrive.

I open a new IndexSearcher every time a user runs a search.

It seems that search results don't include all documents until I restart the
application (which calls IndexWriter.optimize() then IndexWriter.close()).

Should I be able to keep an IndexWriter open all the time? And, is calling
optimize() periodically enough to flush data to disk and make it searchable?

Thanks in advance.
Ashley