lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Erik Hatcher <li...@ehatchersolutions.com>
Subject Querying for documents that have a field
Date Mon, 30 Dec 2002 16:58:34 GMT
Is it possible to get a collection of documents based on whether they
have a particular field (regardless of value)?  I'm indexing HTML
documents, and want to pull out some information that may or may not be
present in the documents (and adding a field if that information exists
but not otherwise), but later I want to retrieve a list of all
documents that have that field.

If its possible would you mind sharing how?   If not, are folks
employing some kind of other tricks to accomplish something like this?

Thanks,
	Erik