lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Enright, Todd" <tenri...@clearcube.com>
Subject Installation Help
Date Tue, 03 Dec 2002 18:13:12 GMT
Quick question.

I have installed and extracted the lucene-1.2.zip file on my XP system.
I have gone through the getting started guide, and walked into the
simple demo section.
I have added the two jar files to my classpath:
            c:\foxserv\lucene-1.2\lucene-1.2.jar
            c:\foxserv\lucene1.2\lucene-demos-1.2.jar
and verified that they show up in my environment when typing "set" from
a command window.

Per the instructions, I attempt to build my first index by typing
"java org.apache.lucene.demo.IndexFiles c:\FoxServ\lucene-1.2\src"

but I am getting the following error:
org/apache/lucene/demo/IndexFiles

Any suggestions?

If it helps I am using the 1.3.1_02 JDK