lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Erik Hatcher <li...@ehatchersolutions.com>
Subject Re: How to obtain unique field values
Date Mon, 30 Dec 2002 17:47:12 GMT
Terry,

Thanks for that quick reply and code.  I love open source!

But it seems there should be a way to do this without walking every
document, since these fields are indexed after all :)

I realize that Lucene is very sophisticated under the covers, and there
may be some technical reason why this isn't feasible though.  But
certainly when I do a query "category:SomeCategory" Lucene is not
crawling all documents.  Hopefully if its possible to obtain this
information without walking every
document in the index someone will share how - but if not, its not the
end of the world for my project.

Thanks,
	Erik