lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From petite_abeille <petite_abei...@mac.com>
Subject Re: Indexing in a CBD Environment
Date Wed, 11 Dec 2002 07:08:10 GMT

On Wednesday, Dec 11, 2002, at 07:16 Europe/Zurich, Otis Gospodnetic
wrote:

> It uses Lucene as an
> object store, of sort, I believe, with variuos relations between
> objects (I did not look at the source, but I suspect it does this based
> on the functionality it offers).

Yep. The basic approach ZOE takes is to create one index per class and
index the primary and foreigns key as keywords. It then query the
different indexes to simulate a "relational" storage... Which is all
handy, dandy... On the other hand, if you already have a relational
database in the first place, there is no reason to go through this
circus in the first place...

>   You may want to look at its source.

If you are so inclined, you can check the alt.dev.szobject package for
more gory details. In particular, SZIndex deals with Lucene directly.

You can find the app and its source here:

http://guests.evectors.it/zoe/

Cheers,

PA.