lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Sale, Doug" <ds...@us.britannica.com>
Subject RE: write.lock file
Date Tue, 17 Dec 2002 15:46:27 GMT
it depends on what you mean by corrupt.  i think there are 3 cases:
1) the process died during a non-writing action (woo-hoo!)
2) the process died during a user-writing action (building a document)
3) the process died during a system-writing action (writing an index file)

  i don't know of any way to verify an index.  anyone?

in cases 1 or 2, the index should be structurally correct - you might be
missing some docs in case2...

in case 3 you might have a problem.  if you could determine which entries
were being written during the process that died, you could delete those
entries and re-index them.  however, it is possible that some of the global
files, like the dictionary might be hosed.  i think this is a case of
"you'll know if it's broken" - receive exceptions during routine reads or
writes.

not sure if this was of any help... :]