lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From stephane vaucher <vauc...@LUB.UMontreal.CA>
Subject Re: Accentuated characters
Date Thu, 12 Dec 2002 17:12:00 GMT
There is no problem with package scopes:

This is how I remove trailing 's' chars:

            String word = token.termText();

            if(word.endsWith("s")){
                word = word.substring(0, word.length() - 1);
            }

            if ( !word.equals( token.termText() ) ) {
                return new Token( word, token.startOffset(),
                                  token.endOffset(), token.type() );
            }

I'll take a look at how the Collator works to see if I can make a
generic (maybe locale specific) string normaliser so I could specify the
level of differences.

Stephane

Eric Isakson wrote:

>If you really want to make your own TokenFilter, have a look at org.apache.lucene.analysis.LowerCaseFilter.next()
>
>it does:
>  public final Token next() throws java.io.IOException {
>    Token t = input.next();
>
>    if (t == null)
>      return null;
>
>    t.termText = t.termText.toLowerCase();
>
>    return t;
>  }
>
>The termText member of the Token class is package scoped, so you will have to implement
your filter in the org.apache.lucene.analysis package. No worries about encoding as the termText
is already a java (unicode) string. You will just have to provide the mechanism to get the
accented characters converted to there non-accented equivalents. java.text.Collator has some
magic that does this for string comparisons but I couldn't find any public methods that give
you access to convert a string to its non-accented equivalent.