lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Harry Foxwell <hfoxw...@cox.net>
Subject two beginner questions (indexing; custom result ordering)
Date Fri, 06 Dec 2002 01:45:10 GMT

(note: running on Solaris 9, Java 1.4, TomCat 4.04, Cocoon 2.0.3, Lucene
1.2)

I'm learning how to use Lucene within my Cocoon application, and have
two questions...need pointers to RTFMs, examples, etc

Q1: I have a base document that lists links to XML files within the
cocoon directory
      structure on the server.  Using a slightly modified version of the
Cocoon/Lucene
      example setup, I can create an index of these files, query the
index, and
      retrieve & transform the files into HTML docs using my stylesheets.
      What I would like to do is include in my base document a link that
points
      to an XML file elsewhere on the Web, include the link in the
index, and
      retreive and transform the link contents like I do with the local
documents.
     How can I do this?

Q2: are there examples of how to order the query result set by my own
      sort specification (including boost factor)?  if SearchBean can do
      this, please point to some examples of how to use it.

Thanks!!

Harry Foxwell