lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From petite_abeille <petite_abei...@mac.com>
Subject Re: write.lock file
Date Fri, 20 Dec 2002 18:59:43 GMT

On Friday, Dec 20, 2002, at 19:48 Europe/Zurich, Doug Cutting wrote:

> Can you provide a reproducible test case that demonstrates index
> corruption?

I honestly wish I could. Unfortunately, because of the nature of the
application (Otis is familiar with it), I never seem to be able to come
up with a consistent test case. I might be using Lucene in a very
peculiar way (?) which includes a lot of concurrent read/write/delete
on multiple indexes/threads. So I haven't managed to "can" the problem
in a nice and tidy "batch oriented" test case. Sight...

In any case, the external symptoms are: bad file descriptor, read past
EOF and array out of bound. Next time around, I will capture the full
stack trace and forward it to the list if you guys are interested.

Cheers,

PA.