lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Erik Hatcher <li...@ehatchersolutions.com>
Subject Java Development with Ant
Date Sat, 28 Dec 2002 02:07:49 GMT
All -

I'm proud (and worried about the support e-mails! :) to announce the
near-final release of a project demonstrating Ant, XDoclet, Struts,
JUnit, Cactus, and Lucene.  Its called JavaDevWithAnt as it was written
for the book Steve and I co-authored and has been refined during
several presentations I've been giving on Ant, XDoclet and Struts.

The documentation is in draft stage, and my primary goal is to collect
feedback on polishing the documentation (and the application if there
are any bugs that surface).  The site where I'm hosting the
distribution and documentation is:

	http://www.ehatchersolutions.com/JavaDevWithAnt/

Please let me know if you try it out and have suggestions for
improvement, or just to let me know you tried it and hate it or love
it, etc.  Feedback more than welcome!  Direct feedback to me at
JavaDevWithAnt@ehatchersolutions.com

	Erik

p.s. Since this e-mail is directed to the XDoclet, Lucene, and Cactus
lists, here is a brief teaser for you:

XDoclet - its used extensively, even using a custom tag handler to
generate starter JSP's from Struts form beans.

Lucene - my <index> Ant task is used to index text and HTML files, and
Lucene's API is used at run-time to query the index.

Cactus - StrutsTestCase is used, although no direct Cactus tests.