lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Otis Gospodnetic <otis_gospodne...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: QueryParser question
Date Mon, 30 Dec 2002 16:59:31 GMT
You could write an Analyzer that doesn't drop '/' character and use an
instance of that Analzyer when you call QueryParser.parse method.
I never used escape characters myself, and saw a lot of people
complaining it does not work, however, you can check Lucene's
QueryParser test class (in CVS under src/test or some place like that)
which includes tests for escape chars.  From what I remember they use a
different Analyzer (WhitespaceAnalyzer?  Maybe you can try that one
before writing your own).

Otis