lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Eric Isakson" <Eric.Isak...@sas.com>
Subject RE: help w/ phrase query
Date Fri, 13 Dec 2002 18:34:14 GMT
Dominic,

Are you constructing the PhraseQuery directly using it's add(Term) method to add terms to
the query? If so, you need to make sure your terms go through the same normalization (via
the Analyzer) that your content went through when you created your index.

So if the field you are querying was created in your index using StandardAnalyzer, the terms
in your query should also be run through StandardAnalyzer.

Does this help? if not, give us a little more detail about what Analyzer you are using to
create your index and how you are creating your PhraseQuery object.

Eric

-----Original Message-----
From: host unknown [mailto:linux_newbie@hotmail.com]
Sent: Friday, December 13, 2002 1:17 PM
To: lucene-user@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: help w/ phrase query

Hi All.....

I'm out of ideas on how to get the PhraseQuery to return any results.  I'm
guessing I might not be indexing properly when the document data is being
stored.  Is there any particular Field type that should be used.  I've tried
both Field.Text(String, String) and Field.Text(String, Reader).

If Field type is irrelevant....any pointers on where to look next are
appreciated.

Dominic
madison.com