lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Eric Isakson" <Eric.Isak...@sas.com>
Subject RE: QueryParser searches
Date Tue, 10 Dec 2002 16:30:50 GMT
Hi Roy,

One of the things I do with my query tool is show the user what happened to the query after
it went through the query parser and analyzer. You might try producing your Query object then
dump it out somewhere for examination using the Query.toString(String defaultField) method.

I get results like:

report AND title:search
becomes
+report +title:search

report AND title:search OR as
becomes
+report +title:search
Note that here "as" is a stop word, so the query is the same

(report OR HaPPy) AND (title:SeArCH OR Ju?k)
becomes
+(report happy) +(title:search Ju?k)
Notice the analyzer normalized the case of all the tokens except the one with the wildcard
character

Eric
--
Eric D. Isakson        SAS Institute Inc.
Application Developer  SAS Campus Drive