lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Eric Isakson" <Eric.Isak...@sas.com>
Subject RE: Score: Lucene 1.2 versus 1.3-dev1
Date Mon, 16 Dec 2002 21:53:39 GMT
Did you rebuild your index?

from CHANGES.TXT:
 12. Added support for boosting the score of documents and fields via
     the new methods Document.setBoost(float) and Field.setBoost(float).

     Note: This changes the encoding of an indexed value.  Indexes
     should be re-created from scratch in order for search scores to
     be correct.  With the new code and an old index, searches will
     yield very large scores for shorter fields, and very small scores
     for longer fields.  Once the index is re-created, scores will be
     as before. (cutting)

-----Original Message-----
From: Michael Wechner [mailto:michael.wechner@wyona.org]
Sent: Monday, December 16, 2002 4:34 PM
To: lucene-user@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: Score: Lucene 1.2 versus 1.3-dev1

Hi

I started to deploy Lucene 1.3-dev1 from CVS very recently and
noticed that the "score" is kind of different.

In the case of Lucene1.2 I received scores such as for instance

  3.45345234 * 10e-1

In the case of Lucene1.3-dev1 I am receiving scores such as for instance

  3.23232131 *10e-8

Is this correct or have I to change something within my Lucene
"implementation"?

Thanks a lot in advance

Michael