lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Eric Jain" <Eric.J...@isb-sib.ch>
Subject Re: Incremental indexing
Date Thu, 05 Dec 2002 08:57:18 GMT
> If you want to update a set of documents, you can remove their previous
> version first and then add them after that. In the mean time documents
> of this set are temporaly not available. If you have to update a single
> document and make the changes immediately public, I don't know a better
> solution than yours.

Thanks. I'm not so much worried about temporary inconsistencies as the index
is maintained separately. Of course it would be great if Lucene provided
direct support for some kind of transactional integrity! Anyways, removing
all changed documents first means I have to scan through all documents
twice, not very efficient, though in fact faster than the procedure I
described.

--
Eric Jain