lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Alex Murzaku" <li...@lissus.com>
Subject RE: Accentuated characters
Date Tue, 10 Dec 2002 21:38:33 GMT
IBM's ICU4J has a normalizer which should do what you need. It's a big
library, but if you deal with multilingual text often, it might make your
life easier.

--
Alex Murzaku
 alex(at)lissus.com  http://www.lissus.com

-----Original Message-----
From: stephane vaucher [mailto:vaucher@LUB.UMontreal.CA]
Sent: Tuesday, December 10, 2002 2:58 PM
To: lucene-user@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: Accentuated characters

Hello everyone,

I wish to implement a TokenFilter that will remove accentuated
characters so for example 'é' will become 'e'. As I would rather not
reinvent the wheel, I've tried to find something on the web and on the
mailing lists. I saw a mention of a contrib that could do this (see
http://www.mail-archive.com/lucene-user%40jakarta.apache.org/msg02146.html),

but I don't see anything applicable.

Has anyone done this yet, if so I would much appreciate some pointers
(or code), otherwise, I'll be happy to contribute whatever I produce
(but it might be very simple since I'll only need to deal with french).

Cheers,
Stephane