lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Robert A. Decker" <dec...@robdecker.com>
Subject Fun project?
Date Thu, 21 Nov 2002 05:14:59 GMT
I wish I had time to work on this for fun, but I was thinking about what
could be a fun lucene project...

One could build a peer-to-peer document search application. Each client
would index the documents on its harddrive, or documents in a particular
directory. When the user at the computer does a search it will look at the
documents on its harddrive, but also send out a request for the search on
the P2P network.

First though, are there any P2P java frameworks out there? One could build
one, perhaps with OpenJMS, but it would be nice if one already existed.

Hmm... if anyone else thinks this would be cool I'd be willing to work on
this with you.

thanks,
Robert A. Decker

http://www.robdecker.com/