lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Rob Outar" <rou...@ideorlando.org>
Subject RE: Several fields with the same name
Date Wed, 06 Nov 2002 19:53:58 GMT
Would the solution be to call Document.fields(), iterate through that enum
and get my data?

Thanks,

Rob

-----Original Message-----
From: Rob Outar [mailto:routar@ideorlando.org]
Sent: Wednesday, November 06, 2002 2:46 PM
To: Lucene Users List
Subject: Several fields with the same name

Hello all,

	I have a relationship where for one key there are many values, basically a
1 to many relationship.  For example with the key = name, value = bob, jim,
etc..

	When a client wants all the values that have been associated with the field
name, how would I get that?  The javadoc for Document.get(String name)
states:

		Returns the string value of the field with the given name if any exist in
this document, or 		null. 	If multiple fields may exist with this name, this
method returns the last added 		such 	added.

	I don't need the last field's value, I need all values associated with that
field.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Rob