lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "aaron J titus" <aaron_ti...@lycos.com>
Subject Re: hit scoring on latest build
Date Tue, 05 Nov 2002 00:40:39 GMT
Thank you Doug. I should have looked there first.

Cheers,

Aaron

--

On Mon, 04 Nov 2002 14:16:20
 Doug Cutting wrote:
>If you check the CHANGES file for changes made since the 1.2 release,
>you'll find:
>
>    Added support for boosting the score of documents and fields via the
>    new methods Document.setBoost(float) and Field.setBoost(float).
>
>    Note: This changes the encoding of an indexed value.  Indexes should
>    be re-created from scratch in order for search scores to be correct.
>    With the new code and an old index, searches will yield very large
>    scores for shorter fields, and very small scores for longer fields.
>    Once the index is re-created, scores will be as before.
>
>This will make it into the release notes for 1.3 when that release is made.
>
>Doug
>
>aaron J titus wrote:
>> Hello Everyone,
>>
>> I have just downloaded the newest of the nightly builds (10/27) from the apache.org
site because I was looking for the specific feature of being able to control the default conjunction.
I noticed that the hit scoring has changed drastically since the release build. I checked
bugzilla and did not see anything reported. Has anyone experienced this and do you have any
suggestions on how to fix it?