lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From roy-lucene-u...@xemaps.com
Subject the order of fields in Document.fields()
Date Wed, 13 Nov 2002 14:58:37 GMT
Quick question about Document.fields().

Lucene provides you with a method to retrieve the value of a field or grab
all fields as an Enumeration.  It does not, however, allow you to grab all
values of one field for a document, it will only return the last value added
for that field.

For example, I am indexing email messages that might have multiple To/CC/BCC
fields in the message header.  Currently to grab all the values when I
display an email that has been indexed, I must use the fields() method to
grab an Enumeration of all fields in a document.  I then separate them into
different arrays based on the field names.  However I am concerned about the
order of the fields since I consider the first To or CC or BCC to be the
main value for each field.

Is the order of the fields returned in the order that they are added?  Or is
there no order?  If there is no order, can someone suggest a solution?

Thanks!

Roy.

This email and any attachments are confidential and may be
legally privileged. No confidentiality or privilege is waived
or lost by any transmission in error.  If you are not the
intended recipient you are hereby notified that any use,
printing, copying or disclosure is strictly prohibited.
Please delete this email and any attachments, without
printing, copying, forwarding or saving them and notify the
sender immediately by reply e-mail.  Zurich Capital Markets
and its affiliates reserve the right to monitor all e-mail
communications through its networks.  Unless otherwise
stated, any pricing information in this e-mail is indicative
only, is subject to change and does not constitute an offer
to enter into any transaction at such price and any terms in
relation to any proposed transaction are indicative only and
subject to express final confirmation.