lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Mark R. Diggory" <mdigg...@latte.harvard.edu>
Subject Query Syntax Continued.
Date Fri, 22 Nov 2002 04:34:49 GMT
I've also been working on the idea of a Generic Query Markup Language
(QML), that describes any search query in XML format, this allows one to
use a SAX Parser or and XSLT transform to process one query syntax into
another syntax by mapping them both to the XML format and back.

My idea is that oneday, instead of trying constantly "map" one query
syntax to another for every query syntax that may exist out there, that
all one would need to do is map a syntax to QML, then that syntax would
be available for translation in my system.

Has anyone already heard of something like this?
-Mark Diggory