lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Mark R. Diggory" <mdigg...@latte.harvard.edu>
Subject Changing QueryParser Syntax
Date Fri, 22 Nov 2002 04:24:27 GMT
I'm trying to get our query syntax mapped into the QueryParsers Syntax.

I have two ideas for approaching this.

1.) I could try to do this externally to Lucene. I could just take my
queries and filter them into lucene queries.

2.) However, I have an idea that I might be able th modify the the
JavaCC file to produce another QueryParser that works with my syntax, my
syntax is similar to that already used by queryparser, but has a couple
of minor differences. (like "="'s instead of ":"'s).

It would be good for me to experiment with the JavaCC QueryParser stuff
because I would also like to write utilities that translate one syntax
into another so that when I have external indexes that need to be added
to my project I can map thier syntax into my own as well. I figure if I
can use the QueryParser to produce query objects from query strings, I
should be able to pass Query Objects to the QueryParser and get Back
query strings in that particular parser format. Is this a valid Idea?

-Mark Diggory