lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Craig Walls <wal...@michaels.com>
Subject Re: Book
Date Thu, 21 Nov 2002 14:21:12 GMT

There is a book by Wrox called "Professional JSP Site Design" (I think) that has
a chapter on searching and it mentions Lucene, but its coverage on Lucene is
*VERY* thin. I wouldn't recommend this book for learning Lucene.

I have an article on Lucene to appear in December's Java Developer's Journal.
It's not as complete a coverage of Lucene as I would have liked it to be, but
with limited space in a magazine I couldn't go into much more than an
introduction. I'd have probably written it differently if I had it to do over
again. Oh well. Let me know what you think of the article when it comes out.