lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Doug Cutting <cutt...@lucene.com>
Subject Re: How to get all field names
Date Tue, 12 Nov 2002 19:11:43 GMT
This would not be hard to implement.

It would take something like:

public abstract String[] IndexReader.getFieldNames();

This would need to be implemented in two classes, SegmentReader and
SegmentsReader.  The former would just access its fieldInfos field to
list fields.  The latter would iterate through its readers field,
collecting all of the field names, and finally return them as an array.

Would someone like to contribute diffs for this?

Doug