lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Mike Barry <mba...@cos.com>
Subject Re: Searching Ranges
Date Fri, 08 Nov 2002 20:09:12 GMT
Alex,

It is rather confusing. It sounds like you've indexed
a field that that can be between two values (let's say
E-J) and then when you have a search term such as G
you want the docs containing E-J (or A-H or F-K but not A-H
nor A-C nor J-Z)

Just of the top of my head but could you index the upper and
lower bounds as separate fields then when you search do a
compound query:

     lower_bound:{ - search_term } AND upper_bound:{ search_term - }

just a thought.

-MikeB.