lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Peter Carlson <carl...@bookandhammer.com>
Subject Re: I need help with lucene
Date Thu, 07 Nov 2002 07:40:12 GMT
Please send questions to the users list, you will get  a faster and
more varied response.

To answer your question Yes,

Lucene uses it own internal format called a Document made up of fields
and data. By adding the content you want into a Lucene Document you can
index most any text. If you want to parse the content in a special way
you may need to create your own parser.

There are many Document creators available in the contributions section
of the site or in the example code.

--Peter