lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From puffm...@darksleep.com (Steven J. Owens)
Subject Re: Let me get started
Date Wed, 13 Nov 2002 16:51:14 GMT
On Wed, Nov 13, 2002 at 05:14:25PM +0530, Uma Maheswar wrote:
> Thanks for the messages. Yes I wanted to index .jsp files also. Is
> it possible?

     It's possible, but you'll need to write code to select and parse
the jsp files.  There may be code in the sandbox area at
jakarta.apache.org/lucene for doing this, though I don't see it.

> I thought we need a database to store some values and then retrive
> them back. Dont we need database for it?

     Nope, lucene stores search data in its own files.  You can easily
use lucene to build a search engine for data that's stored in a
database, but you don't need a database.

Steven J. Owens
puff@darksleep.com

 Take it all with a grain of salt." - Me at http://darksleep.com