lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Otis Gospodnetic <otis_gospodne...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Working with a Distributed System
Date Fri, 01 Nov 2002 23:56:44 GMT
That is the approach I took at my previous job, which involved some
Lucene work.  I used sdist, to securely distribute the whole index (the
whole dir with index files) to a number of remote machines.

This may not work well if indices need to constantly be in sync, and if
the index can be modified on all index nodes.

How about using JMS and publish/subscribe with maybe time-stamped
messages, etc.?

Otis