lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Ian Lea <...@digimem.net>
Subject Re: Can any one help me?
Date Thu, 14 Nov 2002 10:37:12 GMT
Uma

If you know servlets and JSP you should be able to figure
out how to integrate lucene.  Presumably you have already read
the "Getting Started" guide?

Suggestions:

1.  Create a lucene index of whatever it is you want to
     search across.  As a standalone program.  No servlets
     or JSP or database required.  See demo programs and
     instructions.

2.  Create a standalone program to search that index.

3.  Take whichever bits of that functionality that you want
     to be accessible as a servlet, and call or cut/paste/refactor/
     whatever to get what you want.

Good luck.

--
Ian.