lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Alex Winston <a...@christianity.com>
Subject Re: Searching Ranges
Date Wed, 20 Nov 2002 22:26:37 GMT
doug,
  if you happen to remember this thread, i was wanting to know if you
had any thoughts on improving this search in the situation below, my
temp fix does not work in all situations, so i am back to square one.

  i have completely gutted the RangeQuery and created an additional
RangeScorer to help eliminate some of the overheard incurred in the
special situation below, but the search times are still unacceptable.
currently i have reduced the logic down to simply iterating over the set
of terms between the range and returning the set of termDocs for each,
and then in turn maintaining an [] of the results.  although my
implementation is substantially faster than before it is still very
slow.  my thought was that i might be able to accomplish a more
efficient range query at the Reader level, any thoughts?

  i am certain that some of the redundant iteration can be eliminated i
am just not sure how.

thanks
alex